Blake Williams provides financial analysis, modeling, and strategy advice to business clients. He also serves in temporary & part-time project management roles.
Blake graduated from Brigham Young University in 2015 with a degree in Business Strategy. He has worked in various industries including Healthcare, SaaS, Manufacturing, Jewelry, and Accounting.
Past projects have included:
- Managed the day to day operations of a healthcare facility purchased by an investment group. Had full P&L responsibility. Managed staff, recruited, hired & fired. Oversaw billing & collecting. Increased facility utilization from 31% to 75%. When investment group decided to sell, personally sought-out and located a buyer rather than going through a business broker. Negotiated sales price and terms. Worked with attorneys and buyer group to close the deal.
- Thoroughly vetted and analyzed 50+ startups seeking Seed – Series A funding on behalf of a venture capital fund.
- As a member of the venture capital fund, assisted a tech start-up with the development of a business and financial plan to efficiently use a $500,000 investment and position itself for a subsequent round of funding.
- Studied the business of a successful 40 year old, closely-held, manufacturing business. Developed and presented recommendations to shareholders on a multiyear ownership and management succession plan. Continue to serve the company today in a part-time management advisory role. See case study: Succession Plan.
- Analyzed a professional services firm to determine the root cause to a plateau of cash flow and net income by creating a report generator showing profitability by client as well as by employee. See case study: Profitability Analysis.
Blake is the co-founder and principal operator of an ecommerce business, Statice, which manufactures and sells online custom engagement rings.
Blake lived in Japan during 2018 / 2019 where his wife worked at an international school and he worked on the build of Statice. He also lived in South Africa / Botswana from 2010 to 2012 as a service volunteer and missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints where he served in numerous positions of leadership.
As a teenager Blake built a lawn service business (complete with equipment and employees) which he sold after graduating high school to fund his college education.
He enjoys training for an Ironman and spending time with his wife and two happy daughters.